Basic Policy of Personal Data Protection (Summary)
iCRco allows access to almost all of its services without any need to submit personal data. However, certain services, such as those described below, cannot be used without the provision of personal data.
- Registration for membership services.
- Responses to questionnaires.
- Participation in events such as offers and contests.
- Orders for iCRco’s products, digital content, services, etc.
- Applications to attend exhibitions, seminars, training sessions, etc.
- Provision of maintenance services.
In all these examples, personal data is required only to the extent necessary to support customer convenience, to improve the quality of our services, or to offer services that better meet customer needs.
For the purposes of this policy, “personal data” is information that can be used to identify an individual, and which includes one or any combination of the following: name, age, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, street address, place of employment, credit card number, bank account details, and details of inquiries to us.
(1) Key Principles
1) Specification of use
Whenever iCRco asks for personal information, the purposes for which it will be used are specified in advance, and use is restricted to those purposes. (If iCRco should ever desire to use personal data for purposes other than those specified, it will inform individuals of the additional purposes. All persons may refuse to consent to the use of their personal data for such additional purposes.)
Anyone who does not wish to provide iCRco with personal data can withhold consent, though doing so may prevent access to certain services that iCRco provides. Individuals who do not wish to provide iCRco with personal data can withhold consent, though doing so may prevent access to certain services that iCRco provides.
2) Non-Disclosure to Third Parties
In principle, iCRco does not disclose or provide personal data to third parties, except in the following circumstances.
- When express consent to do so is received from the person concerned.
- When an inquiry concerning a product or service can be more appropriately handled by an iCRco subsidiary, affiliate or distributor that is responsible for that product or service.
- When iCRco consigns such activities as promotional campaigns or competitions to other entities, in which cases personal data is covered by the terms of a non-disclosure agreement.
- When it is necessary to complete settlement of payment for products ordered or services provided (e.g. providing information to financial institutions to facilitate credit card transactions, etc.)
- When a judicial order or the like obliges iCRco to disclose personal data.
- When the business is succeeded to by another entity by way of a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise.
3) Secure Management of Personal data
iCRco manages personal data in an appropriate manner. Strict security measures ensure that personal data is securely saved and kept from loss, misuse or improper alteration.
Individuals who wish to confirm their personal data should contact the section responsible for the services where they input the information. iCRco will provide the personal data that it has when it has confirmed that the individual making the inquiry is the person concerned. This restriction is applied to prevent leakage of personal data to third parties. When personal data contains errors or needs to be updated, iCRco will make the required changes, when it has confirmed that the individual making the request is the person concerned. This restriction applies to prevent leakage of personal data to third parties.
(3) Handling of Personal Data of Children under Age 16
iCRco exercises the greatest possible caution to protect the privacy of children. Children under 16 years old are requested to provide personal data only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
(5) Other Notes:
- iCRco cannot be held responsible for the security of your personal data on other Web sites that are linked to our Web site.
Please click here if you have any questions regarding the contents of this page. If you wish to confirm your own personal data, please contact the section responsible for the services where you input your personal data.
Intended Use of Personal Data
iCRco intends to use personal data of customers and other individuals for the following purposes:
(1) Personal Data of Customers
- Shipment of products
- Sending information about products, services or events
- Provision of product support or maintenance
- Responses to inquiries
- Issuance of warranty cards and provision of after-sales service under warranty
- Provision of membership services
- Product development, conduct of questionnaire surveys, implementation of product and service monitoring programs
- Execution of contracts
- Business negotiations or meetings with customers
(2) Personal Data of Government Office Workers and Civil Servants
Communication with, reporting to, inquiries into or other contacts with competent governmental authorities required for the execution of business
(3) Personal Data of Employees of Business Partners and Other Companies
- Communication, discussion, and other contact required for the execution of business
- Business partners’ data management, processing of payments and receipts
(4) Personal Data of Applicants for Employment at iCRco
- Provision of recruitment information to and communication with applicants for employment (including internships)
- Management of employment-related data at iCRco
Because iCRco is engaged in wide-ranging business activities, the intended use of personal data is informed individually for each product and service.